Saturday, January 30, 2016

New Laura Ashley Brother Sewing Machine and First "Restyled" Blocks


My first new sewing machine in 45 years is resting on top of my 45 year old Kenmore. It is SEW SWEET! 

I tried it out this afternoon on the following six "restyled" quilt blocks. They were originally all kind of boring nine patch squares and not always with matching corners. Now you don't notice the corners. Looks like I will be busy "squaring up" these new/old 1960's quilt blocks. ( And my photos don't show how square these blocks actually are!)

Block #1 (I remember a hip-hugger skirt in 1967 made of the green fabric.)

Block #2 (I had a dress made of the green and red check.)

Block #3 (Don't remember either of these fabrics.)

Block #4 (Not sure about these, but cute yellow flowers in both fabrics!)

Block #5 (This still reminds me of the British flag. TeeHee!)

Block #6 (Crazy block!)







No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.